Terminal Island Correctional Facility
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminal Island Correctional Facility

Terminal Island Correctional Facility A second life prison

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Storylines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Karin Avon
Accused
Karin Avon

Storylines Empty
PostSubject: Storylines   Storylines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 am

Maybe i am the only one feeling this way, but i would think it would be a good idea to have more information on storylines.

Players try to invent a plot and create a background story before arriving on Terminal Islands.
During their stay they add to the storyline or come up with a new

The problem with storylines you come to the sim with is that you have to communicate them. If you have done so, the others need to remember. In the past i was frustrated several times about nobody catching the ball. Maybe a lot of my different lines are still open because others don't have information?

RP is dynamic. So when you are away for some days due to RL it is hard to gather all information on the block.
There also is the time difference which makes it difficult to exchange information IC.
As an example: Kioko and me hardly met. The same is true for me and Bianca. All information i have about those characters are second hand.

Longlasting lines is what we want on TI combined with a spontaneous RP.
We don't want to frustrate those who took the effort to build up a history and are waiting for others to join.
So maybe we can open a section in this forum where players can write OOC what open storylines are available for others to join.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Storylines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storylines   Storylines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 am

Good idea I think.

On going for test.

Oceanis.
Back to top Go down
https://terminalisland.rpg-board.net
Sarah Graff
Accused

Storylines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storylines   Storylines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 am

When I started at TI i wrote an extensive back ground charater and gradually opened this over time. I found it hard as it is a 24 hour sim. I created the blog to tell the story. The more people tha use it the better and we can post evidence for trial, good RP, charater development etc...... Just send notecards to any of the bolg editiros or drop notes in teh post box in the Rec Room and we will try to get them up on the blog asap
Back to top Go down
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

Storylines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storylines   Storylines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:58 am

I think we have to communicate better on 2 aspects, both being storyline.

First one is our caracter storyline and the second one is what s happen in the block that should be known by all but are not because simply we played at different time.

The blog is great when we have a story to publish but all people does not do that, so maybe in that case we can post a few line in the story line section to say, this did happen.....you should know it and you can catch the ball. I am playing in the US side and we are a small group and during the week we have no clue of what is happening on the European side.

The other difference, is when I write a story in the blog, I posted a few one so far, I do tell things that people do not know or should not know. This is like a journal, I am not describing only facts but as well my caracter. So be carefull using that for RP ! What my catacter feels is not always visible. Actualy my catacter looks always quiet happy, excepts with a few people where she realy says what she feels.

So maybe we arrive at that point:

If a great text can be done in the blog to inform that is better, but obviously we can t for each things that happen (we speak her about mayor events), so for the rest a simple post will be helpfull.

At a certain point, I feel as well sometimes a bit of frustration of lauching ball that nobody catchs or follow. I am not a big fan of BIG and EXCEPTIONAL story line, but more of details (my caracter is not an hero and she does little things), so obviously it is harder to catch the ball. And i understand that. Any solution that will help people to follow what s happen in the prison, all these little stories are in my opinion welcome.

An other big difference, why Karin's ideas and the blog are very complementary is the way you express yourselve. The blog is a media that requier more effort of writing, effort that obviously many people does not want to do. I have spend time to read the blog and almost all stories come from the same people. Probably because of the language, and simply that some people like to write and others no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storylines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storylines   Storylines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storylines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terminal Island Correctional Facility :: Terminal Island :: General Discussion-
Jump to: