Terminal Island Correctional Facility
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminal Island Correctional Facility

Terminal Island Correctional Facility A second life prison

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Promotion, recruitment and open house

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

Promotion, recruitment and open house Empty
PostSubject: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 am

Please find here a few proposals (and request):

Could we open again the Role Play Group into open enrolment and as well the right to invite and send notice? If we could have an auto group invite at the entrance it will be as well nice.

Why?

There is not much channel of information for SL. The community is spare in many forums depending of the country, topic and so on….so having our own base of “potential” player is a “plus” to be able to share information and promote. This group does not give any specific right in the island.

What to do with that group?

We could systematically announce our status, new projects, events etc….In case of specific new project we could as well launch some promotional event. If we have one thousand people in there, it is a huge base of promotion to share the project into the community. It is as well a permanent link with people.
The effort is really not big, the risk very limited and the return potentially big.

Condition:

This group must show we are active, it is important to send notice on very regular base (could GM have the right to do so?)

Open house: The concept of open house exists in most of the sim. It is important than people can see and feel. I am not a big fan of OOC open house since it does “destroy” the dynamic and does not give to “future player” the real goal of the sim. The role play. Being OOC visitor is as well not really fun for people.

My proposal is the following:

Two times a week, during the two time zones, we organize visit hour and support inmate program.

During this lap time, any visitor will be able to request a visit to an inmate. The visit will happen in a particular place of the prison, so the visitor can see part of it, keeping as well a bit of mystery. During that hour, visitor will be able to speak with inmates. It will be the opportunity to ask questions to inmate about the prisons, the rules, etc….

It is important we follow all prison procedure, so visitor are part of the role play during their visit. We can as well propose to visitor a program to help and support inmate, basically the visitor will bring “goods” to the inmate (we can make the good available).

We should do a lot of promotion around that, it is a good way to spot people.

Oceanis
Back to top Go down
Jacqui
Accused

PostSubject: Auto Group Invites   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm

I really like the idea of having an automatic group invitation on the arrival boat... I know that when I go to new sims and get a auto invite, I tend to accept it, just in case I decide I like that sim... I think a lot more people will accept auto invites than go over and click on the group membership sign...

Jacqui
Back to top Go down
Cl Simondsen
Accused

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 am

1. To have a group enabling us to contact interested visitors will be fine. We have had such a group where people could register by clicking on a sign, but it was not an auto invite. Personally i always disliked auto-inviters, but others may feel different. I do not know the reason why the group adding sign was disabled, but assume that there was one. Maybe Emme or Torie can say something about it?
  2. Due to security reasons visitors need to be added to the white list before entering the prison. The group who has the right to do so is pretty small and i do not belong to them. Sometimes those who have the right are extremely busy or in rare cases all offline.

• That said I do like to lead visitors up the hill and extract a prisoner from the block for three reasons.
  • First, it adds to the general roleplay. Second, depending on the rp in the visitin area it gives room for a continuation. Not that i can only frisk the inmate, but there can also pop up a new story. Last not least visitors can feel the rp more and may want to join us.
  • On a sidenote let me say that it can become stressful OOC when you are the only guard around. You have to multitask because you need to inform the visitor, the whitelist admins, you have to stay in conatact with the inmate and the visitor. You need to get the visitor up and the inmate from the block while there are other inmates asking for attention as well. So if we would have a special time slot like there is in RL and have two or three guards around, it would be easy to handle and an overall gain.
Back to top Go down
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 am

I spoke with Torrie one night about Open house and this group came into the conversation. This group still exists but has been closed and is not use. From what I spoke with Torrie nobody was really in charge of doing promotion. So there is nothing to create, is just to re-active the auto-join, gives the right to invite and send notices.
Auto-invite is in fact a "force" join but the all idea is having a strong base for promotion. (these people are not players).

For the access right:
You right. Did not think about that. What about a group with right to enter where all GM can invite and kick off after the visit. A temporary group maybe.

Oceanis

Last edited by Oceanis on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karin Avon
Accused
Karin Avon

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 am

Cl Simondsen wrote:

• On a sidenote let me say that it can become stressful OOC when you are the only guard around. You have to multitask because you need to inform the visitor, the whitelist admins, you have to stay in conatact with the inmate and the visitor. You need to get the visitor up and the inmate from the block while there are other inmates asking for attention as well. So if we would have a special time slot like there is in RL and have two or three guards around, it would be easy to handle and an overall gain.

Promotion, recruitment and open house Icon_clown Ooooh poor Claudia! Thought you left your last job at Kandarah AG also because of stress and now this. Maybe this is why I never had visitors? Or is it just because they are all locked up somewhere or are TI guards? Hmmm...no! No it won't be because of me and my attitude. Promotion, recruitment and open house Icon_clown

Back to being serious. How much people are at TI regularly and doing the work in the background? It is too few anyway. Personally i am wondering how they can keep up with all the work since monthes. So if we want to advertise in such a group, we first need some kind of promotion schedule and therefore activities to promote. Then we do need one or two willing players who actually do the advertising and who are not already covered by work.

Writing some messages would something i can easily do (as long as you all bare with my English). Giving access to visitors is something the administrators of TI have to decide upon. I perfectly understand that you don't want to give those rights to a large group of people. I also understand Claudia that she is unwilling to bother Emme/Domino/Torie/Sarah/Michaell/Vigo/Bethany (hope i got them all right) every now and then.

So let me come up with this idea to get such a visitation RP organised:

1. We* will ask our inmates who is coming to visit them and what would be a good time for them.
  2. We will write a list with all visitors and decide on such a time slot in coordination with staff/guards
  3. We will inform the visitors in IC-mode, when to show up for a visitation and ask them to respond within a given time, if they want to come or not.
  4. All visitors who want to come will be put on the whitelist. This way the admin can do it quickly and only has to be asked (bothered) once.
  5. IC roleplay. Ideally one guard on the block, one picking up the visitors and one transferring the inmate from the block to the visitor booths.
*We could be Oceanis for the nightshift and Karin (me) for the dayshift. Others are welcome to join and I hope Oceanis will not be pissed at me now because i simply counted her in. Jadle might ask downtown, if her workload allows.

Please comment on this proposal! If we would have enough staff, we could even start RP with #1.
Back to top Go down
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 am

Karin.

Different points:

1. About the group and promotion, I am willing to be part of the group that maintains the communication pressure. This is what we are speaking about here. But I think we need a small group for that of 2 or 3 people who like such exercise. Personally I love it. (we just need Torrie to give the access)
2. The inmate visit in my idea was more as a “promotional event” meaning we do not deal only specific visit of one person to a prisoner (with personal agreement) but all visitors nterested to join (or just play in the city) and would like to see inside. So I think we need a mechanism to do so. Your process is still ok. If the visitor has no particular inmate to see we will see who is available and bring her. So yes I agree. And yes no problem to coordinate that part in a small group for US time. We can handle both cases on the same way.
3. What is as well important for me is the way we use the visit possibility. I was looking that to be a real promotional channel(letting of course the opportunity of specific visit).

Announcement like this:

Be part of the prison life ! Visit and support our inmates !
Monday and Friday between xxxx and xxx you will have the opportunity to enter into the prison and visit our prisoners. Via a specific support program you will have as well the possibility to help them during their stay, bringing food, goods, etc….
See the NC for more details.

This can be a special publicity at the entrance and as well NC and announce on the group. It is basically a vector to create interaction and bring people.

The sensation we should transmit is what Claudia is describing. People have to feel the prison and as well feels how inmate, guards are thinking.

At the beginning, at least in the US part it will be a bit of work for inmate and guard, but we hope that will bring more people so the workload will be reduced.

Ps: we need to be more agile! We don’t need days to put that in place….

Oceanis
Back to top Go down
jade
Accused
jade

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am

It's great to see everyones brain cells ticking over and some brilliant ideas being put forward. Anything I can do to help - count me in of course !
Back to top Go down
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 am

Today status:

1. Group has been reactivated (i found that last night completly by suprise checking the list....)......I do assume that this is a yes.....
2 The open enrollement and the invite member is on (i tested last night as well)
3. A first notice has been sent over.

Missing:

1. Auto invite routine at the boat or a join panel
2 A panel for visit etc...
3. Decice the place where we can do the visit (do we have a place for that?)
4. Inform all staffs about the mecanism, the goal etc...(to play it correctly)

(this is not in my hand)

Next step steps

1. A notice s day (tonight forum adress etc...) - Oceanis.
2. Select a few people to run the promotion on this group via daily notice. - reply here. I think Karin was interested. I am as well

Remarks
------------
1. Till we don't have auto invite please invite the green dots Smile))
2. Check if all staffs and inmates are in the group(seems we are not all in this group)
Back to top Go down
Karin Avon
Accused
Karin Avon

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 pm

There is a visitation area in the prison we should use.
Place for two prisoners at one time.

What is do be done is getting the visitors, inmates and staff.
Visitors are a priority to me because we do need the names prior to the rp, so that an Admin can add them to the whitelist. Personally i do not know who is banned, but would not want a banned ava can use our visitation RP and spoil the whole event. We should give the hard working admins at least a day in advance.

Channels: Up to today i tried to restrict myself to IC only. Claudia informed me that she did the same. Feedback was low to both of us. So by now i think we should be a bit more offensive.

Panel: I am collecting and have an "impressive" list. Two names are on it. (One of them being my second ava)
Oceanis and me will join our lists.

Promotion: Everyone reading this please help us promoting this event by asking Inmates who will come to visit them. Ask them for SLT-Time and names. Please send the info to Oceanis and/or me.

Coordination will be Oceanis and my task as well as the messages to the group(s).
When we have sufficient inmate/visitor pairs, i'd like to ask Claudia to instruct her officers IC.

Those guards... erm ... Correction Officers wanting a promotion will gladly help, won't they?
Back to top Go down
Oceanis
Admin
Oceanis

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 pm

I saw the place during the therapy event.
That s perfect !

And cell just next room so we can make inmate wait there if we have more than 2 visitors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promotion, recruitment and open house   Promotion, recruitment and open house I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1